Assistant Children’s Ministry Coordinators
First United Methodist Church-Sikeston is a large (500+ in worship), growing church that exists to lead people in new life with Jesus. We are currently seeking a part-time Assistant Children’s Ministry Coordinator (6-8 hours /week) to lead ministries with children (K-4th grade) and their families. An ideal candidate for this position is someone highly-motivated, spiritually mature, highly relational, and excels at building teams and recruiting leaders. The ideal candidate is a person who is constantly evaluating effectiveness, changing, learning and trying to serve God in greater and more meaningful ways.
Responsibilities will include:
• Assisting Children’s Ministry Director to lead Sunday morning and First UMC weekday ministries for children, including but not limited to classes, nursery and additional child care needs.
• Oversee, schedule and monitor teachers for specific ages (K-4th).
-Work with Director to create a community for parents and teachers; which extends beyond Sunday morning classes/groups to family events apart from Sunday morning.
-Cultivate team work and shared responsibility among teachers/parents. Rather than doing ministry, you are leading them to do ministry.
• Plan and prepare weekly lessons and materials for specific age classes.
• Rotate approximately 50% of the Sundays as the staff supervisor in children’s ministry area.
• Fill in teaching or assisting in classes as needed.
• Participate/assist in special children/family events (holiday events, summer events, community events, etc.); paying special attention to cultivating ways for families to connect with each other.
• Support and administer First United Methodist Church Safe Sanctuary Policy in cooperation with the Director.
• Other duties as agreed upon with supervisor.
-Demonstrated experience of recruiting, equipping, developing, and supporting leaders and other volunteers.
-Is able to think strategically about goals, outcomes, benchmarks, and best practices for ministry.
-Is willing to receive constructive feedback and is constantly cultivating a teachable spirit.
-Is committed to provide ministry that is relevant, dynamic, and Christ-centered.
-Must be personally growing in a relationship with Christ and able to lead others in that journey.
-Ability to share the Christian faith with children and their families.
-Must be committed to the vision of leading people in new life with Jesus.
-Is comfortable and committed to the theology and practices of The United Methodist Church.
-Knowledge and appreciation of different learning styles and education methods.
Check us out at TheFunChurch.org. Applicants should email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.