March 29th we transitioned to ONLINE ONLY worship in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. In many ways this reminds us that God really isn't only in the church building, but God's Spirit is moving in the hearts and homes all over the world (and especially in Southeast Missouri)! During this time of social distancing we have seen God work in remarkable ways. Now as we look towards the next season of ministry, here are some exciting things we want to share:
- We will continue to meet ONLINE ONLY throughout May. We will return to in-person worship beginning JUNE 7th!
- We plan to continue to stream Traditions, First Kids & Journey worship online throughout the summer, to allow friends who do not feel comfortable gathering in person to continue to worship online.
- We hope to begin "Tailgate Worship" 5:00pm Sundays in June at the Complex (backup location First UMC South Parking Lot). This will be an additional worship experience that allows for greater social distancing.
- We plan on having First UMC Day Camp beginning June 22nd, and look forward to a summer filled with children and youth ministries.
- In July, we’ll kick off our sermon series Super-HEROES by celebrating essential heroes - mark your calendars to join us for this special occasion.
- We are allowing small (20% of room capacity), family only, weddings and funerals in the church building in May, and continue to re-evaluate.
- We are keeping the office closed for now, but we are meeting with people about financial assistance over the phone.
Plus much, much more. As we begin looking towards the summer, we are committed to creatively and passionately fulfill our mission - leading people in new life with Jesus. And we need your help! This is an opportunity to renew your faith and make an impact in greater ways. Please fill out this form, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office if you are willing to serve in one of our ministry teams (First Kids, Media, Sound, Video, Rapid Response, Connections, Office, or others).