- 1867 the Union Sunday School started in a box car and the Sunday School organize the Methodist Church
- 1879 Growth of the church: moved from the
box car to a new building 1st Church Building “Methodist Episcopal
- 1891 Growth yet again of the church and moved to the 2nd Church Building.
- 1891 Methodist College was formed. There was no high school in Sikeston so Rev. John M Crowe organize this and it was known as the Methodist College
- 1912 Growth to a even bigger church; 3rd Church Building “The Dome”
- 1937 The Flood of 1937—our church served as a hospital.
- 1939 Uniting Conference in Kansas City: The Methodist.
- 1957 Wesley Methodist church is born.
- 1966 Smith Chapel joins the East Conference.
- 1968 “The Dome” Church burns down and the church started meeting in the Rex Theater.
- 1971 Move into the 4th Church Building.
- 1989 The Dempster Memorial Chapel & Gazebo.
- 2001 Salvation’s Well Band started, later renamed to "Journey Band". Contemporary/Modern Worship service began in Sanctuary.
- 2001 Foreign Mission Trips began to: Costa Rica, Peru, Swaziland, Mozambique, Haiti, Belize and Dominican Republic.
- 2004 Historic Columns Renovated by the Vandivort family.
- 2006 Family Life Center built as an outreach to the community. Journey worship service moves to the gym.
- 2008 The Healthily Church Initiative: A bold step of faith.
- 2011 Outreach Ministry started outside: Hope Epidemic, School Fest, Radical Christmas.
2011 Website/social media became known as www.TheFunChurch.org
- 2011 Christmas Story and Lights began.
- 2014 Feed My Starving Children began
- 2017 Celebrated 150 Years of Ministry