First United Methodist Church-Sikeston is a growing church that exists to lead people in new life with Jesus. We are currently seeking a part-time Pastoral Assistant to the Lead Pastor (approximately 10 hrs/wk). An ideal candidate for this position is someone attentive to detail, personable, spiritually mature and actively involved at First UMC.
Responsibilities will include:
• Scheduling and Corresponding for the Lead Pastor (Flexible Schedule)
- Respond to Calls, Emails or Text messages,
- Work with lead pastor on special projects or events.
- Files and help with organizational needs.
• Sunday Morning Assistant
- Assist with what Lead Pastor needs on Sunday morning.
- Help connect with people and build teams.
- Communicate as necessary on behalf of Lead Pastor with teams.
This is a Part-Time Hourly Position: starting at $10/hr with a 90-day increase
Applicants should email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also include a half-page writing sample promoting one specific ministry of First UMC to a prospective member (someone without a church background).
No phone calls or Facebook messages please.
SPECIAL NOTE: we anticipate several active church participants applying for this position, and there will only be one person selected. Therefore, before applying consider how you will feel if you are not selected for this position. As a church community we realize that feelings of rejection from ‘your church’ might be difficult for some people, and might be a reason some might not want to apply.