First Steps Coordinator
First United Methodist Church-Sikeston is a growing church that exists to lead people in new life with Jesus. We are currently seeking a part-time First Steps Coordinator (10-12 hrs/wk) to coordinate communication & tracking of new attenders.
An ideal candidate for this position is someone friendly, detail oriented, flexible, likes meeting new people and actively involved at First UMC.
- High capacity to manage many details in a quickly changing environment and remain non-anxious & joyful.
- 1+ year active participation at First UMC
- Proficient at computers, especially spread sheets (excel).
talking on the phone.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating with Pastors, Connection Coordinator & Church Staff to ensure every person is given an opportunity to become fully connected and deeply committed to Christ through First UMC.
- Documenting, tracking and overseeing communication with all new attenders.
- Contacting and coordinating with new people for Discover First, Baptisms, Membership, 101, etc.
- Help create and implement new attendee process. Position will continually be changing and improving to engage new people in the church.
This is a Part-Time Hourly Position, starting at $12 /hour.
Applicants should email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or Facebook messages please.